This Mother's Day date was declared by US President Woodrow Wilson on May 8, 1914 when he signed a Joint Resolution designating the second Sunday in May as Mother's Day.
This US tradition of celebrating Mothers Day and paying tribute to mothers spread across several countries over the years and these countries too
adopted second Sunday of May as Mother's Day.
<Cited from http://www.mothersdaycelebration.com>
As Mother's day banners were put up around my apartment, I feel that I need to send her another card this year USING REGISTERED POST, since last year my card was lost in mail due to the lousy service or maybe hari raya back in Malaysia so they ATE my mail :[ And mom was so disappointed all about it. Last year I bought a card so this year I decided I will make one and I've just did a few hours ago. I shall be posting my card in this post but it's copyrighted unless you really want to make one for your mom, I suggest the content in the card might not be suitable for you since I made the poem up myself *yes I did it in 5 min or so* teehee~!
The reason I will post up my card is not to show off or anything but I also know that not many people read my blog anyway since it's kinda private, the real cause behind it its that if this time, registered post failed me, I will still have the chance and proof to ask my sister to show it to my mom - although it's only a virtual card but it takes time and effort kayys! =3
Here it is, my very own mother's day card version! <3
Lame but cute and adorable! I know! Muahahahha..Sorry, sot jor~ =.=0 Anyway, proud that I did it all myself! Materials and all~ =p
Hope it can safely reach her this time =)
☜♥☞ Love you mom ☜♥☞
Opps! Forget to make envelope =S
No comments:
Post a Comment